Rainforest Spice Madagascar Vanilla beans
vodka or gin
A glass jar with a snug-fitting lid
A knife or shears
1. Use a knife to split the vanilla beans open lengthwise, stopping one inch from the end of each bean.
2. Place the cut beans in a glass container, and cover with vodka.
3. Make sure the beans are completely submerged. Push down any that aren’t.
4. Secure the lid; and store in a cool, dark place.
5. Allow the extract to develop for at least three months before using, shaking at least once or twice a week.